Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ground hornets

I arrive at a residence, duplex, to fix an issue with the television.   The guy on one side of the house is wired into the other, and is stealing cable.   The backfeed from his crap wires are screwing up the digital television in the subscribed person's house.  

That is all standard stuff, the cool thing about this work order was the yard outside.   All across the yard, yellow and black striped wasps were hovering over the ground.  It was like a grid, I had to carry my ladder through the yard, and just walked between them as they hovered in place.   I even called a nearby friend/coworker to come out and see this.   I completed the entire job, walking through them repeatedly, and not a one moved to attack.  They just kept on hovering as if I wasn't there.   There were hundreds of them.  Ground wasp

That's what they looked like.   I found out more about them at a museum in St. Louis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment