Saturday, September 20, 2014

Slow Internet

I arrive at a couple's house.  He has tattoo's and military paraphernalia around the house.  She has a neck tattoo. 

   They are complaining that their internet is slow.  Before I walked up to the house I was able to see their modem is newer, Docsis 3, and that it has good signal/ up for 23 days.   The odds are really likely that their computers or equipment is the issue.   I explained this over the phone.   15 minutes talking to her, and she decided ya come out, even if there is a charge.

I show up, test the signal.  My meter shows 190 mbps down, and 40 mbps up.   That is ridiculous.  On their xbox he gets 44 down, and 3 up.   On her computer 44 down, and 3 up.   Odd.  I know its not the signal, so investigate the modem.   I lift it up, and roaches crawl out.   I shake it, and roach dust/carapaces fall out.  I tell her, it's not the cable, it's the equipment.  I then proceed to inform her how roaches like the glue in electronics, and proper sanitation techniques.  

No comments:

Post a Comment