Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Loose Dogs

Working for a long time for a cable company you tend to get to know your town. You learn the histories of the people who you encounter. You know what happens in certain neighborhoods. 

I worked on a house on the edge of town, I forget doing what, but it was semi rural, with the neighbor an acre or two a way. I remember that the guy had a big loose dog. It was intrusive, in my face, barking, and liked to run up and down the road a lot. 

A while later I worked on his neighbor's house doing an install. I was hooking everything up and the dog came over and started chasing the dogs of the guy whose house I was working on. The guy proceeded to tell me about the dog, and how it annoyed all the neighbors, and the guy never chained it or apologized for its behavior.

Year later I go back to fix the guy's cable from house 1, who owned the big loose dog. I am fixing his cable and I mention his dog.  He gets a sad face, then an angry one. "Ya some asshole poisoned him!  Who the fuck would do that?" 

He had no clue about how his dog affected his neighbors, and I kept silent about it.  

Moral:  Raise a prick dog, and someone will potentially poison it. 

I will admit after an hour being up an a pole with little yippy rat dogs barking on me, sometimes I feel like cooking up some rat killer biscuits. I never have though out of fear of the Thinner effect.    Eat your own pie boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment