Friday, January 17, 2014

The Quiet House

I went to a house to do a TC (trouble Call), and was told on the phone by a quiet gentleman to go to the back door. 

I arrive and do as such. I am greeted by a man who smiles and talks in low whispers. He takes me inside where the usually yippy dogs jump my legs and bark, but rather than barking they gasp at me.   Their barks are literal puffs of silent air. I ask him what's with the dogs, and he tells me they have been debarked. He walks me quietly around the house showing me the televisions that are acting up. 

During the walk through he tells me the reason why everything has been quieted in the house, even the thick carpets. His wife, rather than losing her hearing in their advanced age, has actually had her hearing improve. The electrical wires in the walls which give off a natural hum that most people can't hear....are very loud to her and drive her nuts. 

She wasn't there initially, and I doubted the guy thinking he may be crazy, but sure enough as I'm leaving she arrives home, and steps out of the car. On her head is a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment