Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The apartments by the river.

I have two stories I wished to share that occurred in the same apartment complex.

My company has a policy about backing up. Do everything you can to not back up. 25% of all company vehicle accidents happen while backing up even though we back up 1% of the time. 

Taking that into consideration here I am driving around this parking lot looking for a good parking spot. I go through a narrow area between two buildings. A lady is blindly backing out of a spot (too small for my van) and I see she doesn't care about backing out in front of my moving vehicle. On the other side of this drive area between parking spots is a landscaper sitting in his truck with a trailer behind it.
     She backs out, and rather than back with her back to my vehicle and go out the open way, she does the opposite and has her car facing me. She backs out and expects me to back up to let her out. Behind her is open air and exit.  

I can't back up, I cannot see behind me, and I have no one to guide my backing. I sit and look at her.  She starts flipping out in her vehicle. I smile as she screams at me like a twisted angry mime. 

I have my window down, as does the landscaper. He looks at me, I look at him, and he nods, pulling out to let the crazy freak lady leave.  



The second story is down a few buildings in the same complex.

I am parked waiting for work. La dee da, nothing going on. I watch two people conversing wildly, their hands moving. One person has the face of Hun uh, no way on. The two walk over towards my van. I expect the usual, hey can I have something for free routine and look forward to waving them away, so I roll down the window. Instead of focused on me, they stop and look down at the grease spot in the empty parking spot next to me. I look at it, and then ask. "What's up?"

      They point down to the spot and tell me that a guy was beat to death right there this morning, and that is a blood spot. Whoa.


No comments:

Post a Comment