Sunday, December 8, 2013

My favorite hoarder story

Every cable guy has a hoarder story, mine is kinda unique.

I arrive at the house ready to fix their tv, as it says per the work order. The guy greets me outside and has me walk around the house to enter in through the back door. He has a nice garden outside, and i admire that sort of thing, but what caught me off guard was when we entered.

I walked into the kitchen and immediately knew this is odd. The room was full. It wasn't full of just crap though, it was full of everything one could ever hope to buy that relates to happy birthday. A happy birthday Kermit on the table, surrounded by boxes of wrapping paper. Cards hanging all over, napkins, coasters, candles, the entire kitchen---happy birthday.

The tour goes on.

We enter the living room and walk the path through it. The room is christmas. It is March. 6ft tall toy soldiers line the path, and numerous christmas trees and presents all over.

Get to the stairs...frogs. The entire stairway is covered in frogs. The first room at the top of the stairs is dolls and care bears...and all of them are looking at the entrance. I opened the door, and slowly shut it back. Let's go to the next room.

The next was aliens...et. alien. star wars. The one after that was football.  

The house was so unique that I remember all the rooms, but after so long I forget what the actual problem was and what I did to fix it.

Overall it was a work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment